Monday, November 15, 2010

Bombers Slumping in Wake of "Flan-Gate"



Well, mark that three in a row in the loss column. The Bombers fell to the Whalers in dissappointing fashion-losing 7-2. The Bombers scored first but saw the Whale splash down with 7 unanswered goals including 4 in a five minute span in the second.



The Bombers played with only eight skaters and never looked in sync. Missing with flu like symptoms were Rober Auld and Mike Rosenberg. Neil Van der horn returned to the Bomber lineup for the first time this season and it was expected that Tony D'anna would also make his season debut.



But D'anna was felled by an injury that left many Bomber faithful scratching their heads. D'anna explained his unfortunate malady to the attending media by saying, "I cut my finger while preparing a spinach quiche dinner that was to be accompanied by my signature Flan de Coco-an authentically caribbean number which is known natively as 'Pudim de Leite Condensado'.



My mistake was I only had fluted porcelain dishes, more suited for say, a Creme Brulee, and while extracating the delicate dessert the knife slipped, lacerating my pinkie and causing me to miss the game. I feel horrible for the team but on the bright side my sous chef was able to save the remainder of the flan."



Trainers have ruled D'anna questionable for next week's game.

Next up- the Admirals on Monday November 22 at 10:50.

Bomber Box Score:

Goals:
D. Bochner (4)
B. Auld (4)

Assists:
B. Auld
Zimnoch
Junior

No comments: